Pittsburg is an industrial city in eastern Contra Costa County, California in the East Bay region of the San Francisco Bay Area. The population was 63,264 at the 2010 census.
- The city is currently in the process of redeveloping the older downtown. In November 2010
- The Railroad Book Depot opened. The bookstore is owned and operated by the non-profit Pittsburg Arts & Community Foundation.
- A new Marina Master Plan is under development along Pittsburg’s waterfront which includes a pedestrian promenade with subsequent commercial construction and development planned.
- An extension of the existing Bay Area Rapid Transit District (BART) rapid transit system, which includes a Pittsburg BART station at Railroad Avenue.
- A Civic Center Master Plan by the city will promote transit-oriented and mixed-use development to coincide with the construction of the new BART station adjacent to the current Civic Center.
- The Black Diamond Project will provide services to residents on the north side.