Oakley is a city in Contra Costa County, California, United States. It is within the nine-county San Francisco Bay Area. The population was 35,432 at the 2010 U.S. Census. Oakley is part of the East Contra Costa Bicycle Plan, which has existing facilities in Oakley as well as plans for further expansion.
Oakley’s west border is Highway 160, which provide access to Oakland, San Francisco, San Jose, Sacramento, and the Central Valley. The City of Antioch adjoins Oakley on the west. The city of Brentwood adjoins Oakley on the south. Bethel Island lies to the east. The Sacramento-San Joaquin Delta forms the northern boundary. The southwestern skyline is dominated by Mt. Diablo. This isolated 3,849 feet peak is visible from most of the San Francisco Bay Area and much of northern California.
At 99.6%, nearly all students living within the City of Oakley are attending a public or private school located within City limits. The City is mainly served by Oakley Union Elementary School District (K-8) and the Liberty Union High School District.
- Oakley Elementary School
- Gehringer Elementary School
- Laurel Elementary School
- Vintage Parkway Elementary School
- Iron House Elementary School
- Orchard Park School (Educated K-8) (Antioch Unified School District)
- Almond Grove Elementary School has been constructed on Carpenter Road between Brown and Empire.
- O’Hara Park Middle School
- Delta Vista Middle School
- Orchard Park School ( K-8, located in the Antioch Unified School District)
- A third middle school is proposed for the area along the south side of Brownstone Road. If the project ensues, it is proposed to be named R.C. Marsh Middle School.
- Freedom High School
- The Oakley Library of the Contra Costa County Library is located in Oakley.